Be between 16 and 19 years of age.
Still be at school.
Be studying in at least their fourth year of secondary education.
Have achieved NCEA level two by the end of the school year in which they have applied for Waipaoa.
Applicants MUST have visited Waipaoa Station - preferably at one of our Open Days, otherwise by appointment.
NOTE: The Waipaoa training program offers level 3 and 4 theoretical training so it is strongly advised that successful applicants complete their current school year to ensure that the transition from level 2 to level 3 study runs as smoothly as possible for trainees.
Open: 10 JULY 2020
Close: 31 July 2020
Interviews: TO BE ADVISED
How to apply
Be well prepared before starting the Online Application Form.
1. You will need four referees, two from school and two from you work experiences.
2. Find the following documents, you will need to attach them at the end of the online form before you submit it.
Your handwritten cover letter. This should include a summary of your interest in agriculture, your sport and other interests and your values.
Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Your most recent school report
Your NCEA results to date
A photo of yourself
Your Birth Certificate
A printed copy of the Application Form will help you gather all the information you need before completing it online.
To do this; Open the form > right click > print
3. All applicants will be contacted by phone and advised as to whether they are being offered an interview.
4. Successful Applicants are offered a 15-minute interview with the Selection Panel.
5. Those interviewed will be contacted by phone within 14 days after the interviews.